The occasional, often ill-considered thoughts of a Roman Catholic permanent deacon who is ever grateful to God for his existence. Despite the strangeness we encounter in this life, all the suffering we witness and endure, being is good, so good I am sometimes unable to contain my joy. Deo gratias!


Although I am an ordained deacon of the Catholic Church, the opinions expressed in this blog are my personal opinions. In offering these personal opinions I am not acting as a representative of the Church or any Church organization.

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Schmap Guides

You might have noticed that this blog now includes two city guides from Schmap, a travel guide website that provides all kinds of neat downloadable travel information on cities and countries throughout the world. For you techno-geeks out there, you can even download them to your iPhone.

I've included links to their Rome and Venice guides for two reasons: (1) Rome and Venice are two of my favorite cities; and (2) Schmap selected several of my photos for inclusion in these particular guides. So, I suppose the real reason is vanity.

I really do like their guides though. One of the reasons is their inclusion of so many photos taken by folks like you and me. Through these, mostly amateur, photos you get a real flavor of the city and its attractions. The guides are located at the bottom of the right sidebar of my blog. Enjoy!

My son is visiting and so it's off to swim with the Manatees over on the west coast of Florida in Homosassa. Should be interesting. I'll take photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment