The occasional, often ill-considered thoughts of a Roman Catholic permanent deacon who is ever grateful to God for his existence. Despite the strangeness we encounter in this life, all the suffering we witness and endure, being is good, so good I am sometimes unable to contain my joy. Deo gratias!


Although I am an ordained deacon of the Catholic Church, the opinions expressed in this blog are my personal opinions. In offering these personal opinions I am not acting as a representative of the Church or any Church organization.

Friday, May 15, 2009

A Little Levity

No time for anything deep or controversial today. In a little while I have to drive wife, daughter and two grandsons to the mall in Salem, NH...whoopee!

...but I heard a good joke this morning at breakfast. Our hotel has one of those breakfast rooms in which the tables are all pretty close together, so as I read the poor excuse for a newspaper (USA Today) the hotel provides to each guest, I couldn't help but overhear the two guys sitting at the next table.

One said to the other, "I called my broker last night and asked him what he's buying now."

"What did he say?"

"Ammunition and canned goods."

He probably heard it on Leno or one of those other shows that air long after my bedtime, but I thought you'd enjoy it. I did.

Blessings...

No comments:

Post a Comment