The occasional, often ill-considered thoughts of a Roman Catholic permanent deacon who is ever grateful to God for his existence. Despite the strangeness we encounter in this life, all the suffering we witness and endure, being is good, so good I am sometimes unable to contain my joy. Deo gratias!


Although I am an ordained deacon of the Catholic Church, the opinions expressed in this blog are my personal opinions. In offering these personal opinions I am not acting as a representative of the Church or any Church organization.

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Pope Benedict XVI Tells Church to Go Digital

Pope Benedict XVI, in a speech delivered on April 25 to those gathered to attend a conference on "digital witnesses", encouraged Catholics to make full use of expanding communications technology as we preach the Good News of Jesus Christ to the world. His talk, entitled "Without Fear We Want to Set Out Upon the Digital Sea", emphasized the need to use the full range of tools in service of the New Evangelization that he and his predecessor have stressed so strongly and frequently.

I like to think that perhaps I am doing my little (very little) bit in this effort through this blog and encourage others to use all of these new media creatively to the glory of God's name.

If you would like to read an excellent commentary by Deacon Keith Fournier on the Holy Father's speech, along with an English translation of the speech itself, click here to visit Catholic Online.

God's peace...

No comments:

Post a Comment