The occasional, often ill-considered thoughts of a Roman Catholic permanent deacon who is ever grateful to God for his existence. Despite the strangeness we encounter in this life, all the suffering we witness and endure, being is good, so good I am sometimes unable to contain my joy. Deo gratias!


Although I am an ordained deacon of the Catholic Church, the opinions expressed in this blog are my personal opinions. In offering these personal opinions I am not acting as a representative of the Church or any Church organization.

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Pope Benedict on St. Catherine of Siena

Yesterday I described our recent Mediterranean cruise and our visit to Siena. As I mentioned in that post, we were particularly interested in the city because of its most famous native, St. Catherine of Siena, Doctor of the Church and the person largely responsible for returning the papacy to Rome after its long exile in France. And so we visited the Basilica of San Domenico, the church where she worshiped and where some of her relics are kept.

Coincidentally, Pope Benedict XVI, at his recent Wednesday audience, discussed the contributions of St. Catherine. I thought you might like to hear what the Holy Father had to say about this remarkable 14th century woman and saint...





If you would like to view the Holy Father's entire Wednesday audience, follow this link: Audience: 24 Nov 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment