The occasional, often ill-considered thoughts of a Roman Catholic permanent deacon who is ever grateful to God for his existence. Despite the strangeness we encounter in this life, all the suffering we witness and endure, being is good, so good I am sometimes unable to contain my joy. Deo gratias!


Although I am an ordained deacon of the Catholic Church, the opinions expressed in this blog are my personal opinions. In offering these personal opinions I am not acting as a representative of the Church or any Church organization.

Saturday, March 12, 2011

A Word for Meditation

From today's Liturgy of the Hours, from the 2nd reading of the Office of Readings [St. Irenaeus' Against Heresies]:
This is the glory of man: to persevere and remain in the service of God. For this reason the Lord told His disciples: You did not choose me, but I chose you. He meant that His disciples did not glorify Him by following Him, but in following the Son of God they were glorified by Him. As he said: I wish that where I am they also may be, that they may see my glory.
...and from the Prayer of today's Morning Prayer:
Father, look upon our weakness and reach out to help us with your loving power.

No comments:

Post a Comment