The occasional, often ill-considered thoughts of a Roman Catholic permanent deacon who is ever grateful to God for his existence. Despite the strangeness we encounter in this life, all the suffering we witness and endure, being is good, so good I am sometimes unable to contain my joy. Deo gratias!


Although I am an ordained deacon of the Catholic Church, the opinions expressed in this blog are my personal opinions. In offering these personal opinions I am not acting as a representative of the Church or any Church organization.

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

A New Down-Sized Witness Protection Program

I receive far too many emails from folks who, motivated by the best of intentions, feel compelled to send me every odd, humorous or outrageous thing they encounter while surfing the web. I suppose we're all guilty of this to some extent, but some people take it to an extreme, sending out multiple emails daily, and adding all sorts of clutter to my already overflowing inbox. In most instances -- and please don't tell them this -- I simply delete the email without even a glance. But every once in a while the content of an email will catch my eye for more than a millisecond. It's usually something visual and strange enough to arouse my curiosity.

That's what happened this morning when the below image arrived in an email sent by an old Navy friend who later joined the U. S. Marshals Service, from which he retired some years ago. His accompanying note stated that, due to budget cuts in this time of governmental austerity, the Witness Protection Program has been redesigned. Even though I've seen little evidence of  federal programs being cut, it brought a smile.


No comments:

Post a Comment