The occasional, often ill-considered thoughts of a Roman Catholic permanent deacon who is ever grateful to God for his existence. Despite the strangeness we encounter in this life, all the suffering we witness and endure, being is good, so good I am sometimes unable to contain my joy. Deo gratias!


Although I am an ordained deacon of the Catholic Church, the opinions expressed in this blog are my personal opinions. In offering these personal opinions I am not acting as a representative of the Church or any Church organization.

Saturday, November 10, 2012

New Evangelization - An App for You

The Diocese of Fort Wayne/South Bend in Indiana has developed an iPhone and Android app called "My Year of Faith" to help Catholics get involved in the New Evangelization. I checked it out today and it's definitely worth the 99 cents one must pay to download it.

Here's a brief video describing the app:


If you don't happen to have one of those fancy little smart phones, you can access everything on the app via a website. Click here to check it out at My Year of Faith. The site also includes links to the two smartphone apps.

Given what is happening in our country, I believe the best way to change things is not through the usual political paths, but through active evangelization, from one person to another. Perhaps this app will in some small way help a confused people regain its faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment