The occasional, often ill-considered thoughts of a Roman Catholic permanent deacon who is ever grateful to God for his existence. Despite the strangeness we encounter in this life, all the suffering we witness and endure, being is good, so good I am sometimes unable to contain my joy. Deo gratias!


Although I am an ordained deacon of the Catholic Church, the opinions expressed in this blog are my personal opinions. In offering these personal opinions I am not acting as a representative of the Church or any Church organization.

Monday, December 17, 2012

A Young Voice of Truth

Sometimes I miss things. Much of my leisure time is spent reading books, playing with my cameras, and taking catnaps in my extraordinarily comfortable easy chair. This time of year I also watch the occasional college football game. But I really don't surf the web very much so I miss all sorts of interesting things that millions of others have known about for weeks. Normally this doesn't bother me because the things I miss usually aren't all that important or interesting.

Today, however, I was surprised when a friend pointed me to a YouTube video of a Canadian girl who has become perhaps the most eloquent young voice in the pro-life movement. Her name is Lia Mills and she is truly remarkable. I've embedded two videos below. One is the video that made this little 12-year-old famous, and the second shows her speaking at a pro-life rally on Parliament Hill in Ottawa. If you're not one of the million or so who have already watched one of her videos, you will be amazed.






I have a feeling we'll be hearing a lot more from this young lady in the years to come.

Pray for an end to abortion and respect for life worldwide.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment