The occasional, often ill-considered thoughts of a Roman Catholic permanent deacon who is ever grateful to God for his existence. Despite the strangeness we encounter in this life, all the suffering we witness and endure, being is good, so good I am sometimes unable to contain my joy. Deo gratias!


Although I am an ordained deacon of the Catholic Church, the opinions expressed in this blog are my personal opinions. In offering these personal opinions I am not acting as a representative of the Church or any Church organization.

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

A Word for Meditation

Once again, in today's Office of Readings, we read from St. Augustine's Confessions: 

"All my hope lies only in your great mercy."

Because we are sinners, without God's mercy and forgiveness, we would have no hope whatsoever. Never cease thanking God for His mercy.

No comments:

Post a Comment