The occasional, often ill-considered thoughts of a Roman Catholic permanent deacon who is ever grateful to God for his existence. Despite the strangeness we encounter in this life, all the suffering we witness and endure, being is good, so good I am sometimes unable to contain my joy. Deo gratias!


Although I am an ordained deacon of the Catholic Church, the opinions expressed in this blog are my personal opinions. In offering these personal opinions I am not acting as a representative of the Church or any Church organization.

Thursday, March 3, 2011

A Word for Meditation

Given all that's happening in our restless world today, I found the opening words of the Prayer at the conclusion of today's Office of Readings particularly relevant: 


Lord, guide the course of world events and give your Church the joy and peace of serving you in freedom.


Perhaps it would be well to add this to our intentions every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment