The occasional, often ill-considered thoughts of a Roman Catholic permanent deacon who is ever grateful to God for his existence. Despite the strangeness we encounter in this life, all the suffering we witness and endure, being is good, so good I am sometimes unable to contain my joy. Deo gratias!


Although I am an ordained deacon of the Catholic Church, the opinions expressed in this blog are my personal opinions. In offering these personal opinions I am not acting as a representative of the Church or any Church organization.

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Praise God In All Things, Large and Small

Dear Diane is out of surgery, her wonderful surgeon stopped by to tell me she's doing fine, and so I hope to see her soon. And I'll also get to take her home with me later today, after a few hours of recovery here in the hospital.

It is times such a these that remind us how much we owe God, how thankful we should be for all things. It is all a gift, isn't it? Life itself, and all the blessings that accompany it, are wondrous, undeserved signs of God's overwhelming love for us.

We are also reminded that He brings the good from the bad for those who love Him. Illness and injury are not good in themselves, but they can lead us to a greater awareness of God's love for us. They also can lead others to a closer relationship with God as they turn to Him in prayer. I can't help but think of all those friends and family members who have been praying so fervently for Diane this week.

Join me today in a prayer of thanksgiving for Diane and her healing.

God's peace...


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Ocala, Florida, USA

No comments:

Post a Comment