The occasional, often ill-considered thoughts of a Roman Catholic permanent deacon who is ever grateful to God for his existence. Despite the strangeness we encounter in this life, all the suffering we witness and endure, being is good, so good I am sometimes unable to contain my joy. Deo gratias!


Although I am an ordained deacon of the Catholic Church, the opinions expressed in this blog are my personal opinions. In offering these personal opinions I am not acting as a representative of the Church or any Church organization.

Monday, October 4, 2010

The Crucified Rabbi

As you know from previous posts, one of my interests is the Jewish origins of Catholicism and the fulfillment of the Old Testament in the New. And on several occasions I have mentioned the Association of Hebrew Catholics (AHC), a wonderful group of Catholics who also happen to be ethnic Jews, as well as the books of Roy Schoeman: Salvation is from the Jews and Honey from the Rock

Today I have another recommendation for you. Taylor Marshall, whose blog Canterbury Tales is always a good read, has written a marvelous book on a similar subject: The Crucified Rabbi: Judaism and the Origins of Catholic Christianity. A former Episcopal priest who converted to Catholicism, Taylor Marshall is currently a doctoral student at the University of Dallas. He was also one of the speakers at the AHC's recent (Oct. 1-3) conference held in St. Louis.

Although the following video is an online ad for Marshall's book, it's really quite interesting.



God's peace...

No comments:

Post a Comment