The occasional, often ill-considered thoughts of a Roman Catholic permanent deacon who is ever grateful to God for his existence. Despite the strangeness we encounter in this life, all the suffering we witness and endure, being is good, so good I am sometimes unable to contain my joy. Deo gratias!


Although I am an ordained deacon of the Catholic Church, the opinions expressed in this blog are my personal opinions. In offering these personal opinions I am not acting as a representative of the Church or any Church organization.

Sunday, April 17, 2011

i-confess...

The Archdiocese of New York, the Diocese of Brooklyn, and the Diocese of Rockville Center, have been hosting a video contest to encourage Catholics, especially young Catholics, to go to confession on Reconciliation Day, Monday, April 18. The i-confess contest asked young people to submit their videos online, with the winner receiving a $25,000 scholarship award. Apparently quite a few young folks took advantage of the contest. It sounds like a wonderful way to promote this sacrament that is so neglected at a time when it is so needed. I've included the official video introducing Reconciliation Day below...



If you would like to view some of the submissions -- many of them quite clever -- you can see them here: i-confess video submissions. I've included my favorite below:


When the winner is announced I'll try to remember to post the video here.

No comments:

Post a Comment