The occasional, often ill-considered thoughts of a Roman Catholic permanent deacon who is ever grateful to God for his existence. Despite the strangeness we encounter in this life, all the suffering we witness and endure, being is good, so good I am sometimes unable to contain my joy. Deo gratias!


Although I am an ordained deacon of the Catholic Church, the opinions expressed in this blog are my personal opinions. In offering these personal opinions I am not acting as a representative of the Church or any Church organization.

Monday, January 9, 2012

Needed a Rest

My apologies to those who actually read this blog and have wondered why I haven't posted anything for a couple of weeks. The answer is simple: I needed a break. I've had a lot going on in my life recently and just had to pull away from all the busyness, sit back and take some time off. Since our children and grandchildren all remained up north in their own homes this year, the two weeks after Christmas seemed the perfect time to recharge my aging batteries.

Diane and I have also been doing a little early spring cleaning in an effort to clear away some of the "stuff" stored in boxes in the garage and attic, boxes we have never opened, filled with things we will likely never use. Several local thrift shops have reaped the benefits. It has been just the sort of mindless but productive manual labor that I needed.


Now that I'm back to normal -- more or less -- I hope to turn to the blog more regularly.

God's peace...

No comments:

Post a Comment