The occasional, often ill-considered thoughts of a Roman Catholic permanent deacon who is ever grateful to God for his existence. Despite the strangeness we encounter in this life, all the suffering we witness and endure, being is good, so good I am sometimes unable to contain my joy. Deo gratias!


Although I am an ordained deacon of the Catholic Church, the opinions expressed in this blog are my personal opinions. In offering these personal opinions I am not acting as a representative of the Church or any Church organization.

Friday, June 3, 2016

Pope Francis - Jubilee Mass for Deacons

This post is aimed primarily at my brother deacons who, like me, were unable to travel to Rome for the Jubilee for Deacons -- all part of the special Jubilee Year of Mercy.

Thousands of permanent deacons from around the globe did, however, manage to make the trip. Among the highlights was the Mass Pope Francis celebrated last Sunday, May 29, in St. Peter's Square for the Jubilee for Deacons. The Mass lasted about two hours, and I have included a video of the entire Mass below. I even recognized a few of my brother deacons from the USA in the video.

On Tuesday I posted some comments on the Holy Father's homily.

No comments:

Post a Comment