The occasional, often ill-considered thoughts of a Roman Catholic permanent deacon who is ever grateful to God for his existence. Despite the strangeness we encounter in this life, all the suffering we witness and endure, being is good, so good I am sometimes unable to contain my joy. Deo gratias!


Although I am an ordained deacon of the Catholic Church, the opinions expressed in this blog are my personal opinions. In offering these personal opinions I am not acting as a representative of the Church or any Church organization.

Thursday, June 24, 2021

New Bible Study Guide: Zephaniah

First, a brief note on the resumption of our Bible Study sessions:

God willing, we should be able (I hope) to resume our weekly Bible Study sessions at the parish, and soon...As I finished writing the previous sentence, the phone rang and the parish just informed me that we will likely begin in early August. Talk about good timing! Praise God! 

We are not yet certain of the days and times for each of our three weekly sessions, but I will let you now once the parish decides. I expect some more details within a few days.

_________________

I've just completed another of our Bible Study Guides; this one focuses on one of the minor prophets: Zephaniah. A few folks might recall that last summer I gave one of my COVID reflections on this prophet. If you actually watched the video, Zephaniah shouldn't be a complete stranger. Zephaniah was related to the royal family of Judah and prophesied early in the reign of King Josiah, before the king instituted his reforms. His book is brief, only three chapters, but well worth reading and, not surprisingly, applies to our day as well. I wrote the guide rather quickly yesterday, since I was able to pull a lot of material from my earlier reflection, and trust there aren't too many typos or other errors.

Here's a link to the Documents page of our Bible Study website. Just scroll down to Study Guide #45 and you can access the PDF file:

https://www.catholic-scripture.com/documents

Please offer a prayer of thanksgiving for the resumption of our sessions.

God's peace...


No comments:

Post a Comment