The occasional, often ill-considered thoughts of a Roman Catholic permanent deacon who is ever grateful to God for his existence. Despite the strangeness we encounter in this life, all the suffering we witness and endure, being is good, so good I am sometimes unable to contain my joy. Deo gratias!


Although I am an ordained deacon of the Catholic Church, the opinions expressed in this blog are my personal opinions. In offering these personal opinions I am not acting as a representative of the Church or any Church organization.

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

xt3 -- Social Network for Catholics

Here's something that's been around on the web for three years, but I just found out about it. It's a social network (like Facebook) but for Catholics. Encouraged by the archbishop of Sydney, Australia, Cardinal George Pell, a team of young folks designed the site in 2008 as a result of the World Youth Day that year in Australia. The site's name -- xt3 -- stands for "Christ in the Third Millennium."

The site, which now has 50,000 regular users, allows Catholics, particularly young people, to connect and share their faith. xt3 also contains a large library of videos and podcasts as well as an online application called, "Ask a Priest", through which Father John Flynn answers questions about life, religion and the Church.

I've only just browsed quickly through the site, but it looks like something I will certainly recommend to young people. Here's the link: http://www.xt3.com/

And here's a brief video discussing the site:


No comments:

Post a Comment