The occasional, often ill-considered thoughts of a Roman Catholic permanent deacon who is ever grateful to God for his existence. Despite the strangeness we encounter in this life, all the suffering we witness and endure, being is good, so good I am sometimes unable to contain my joy. Deo gratias!


Although I am an ordained deacon of the Catholic Church, the opinions expressed in this blog are my personal opinions. In offering these personal opinions I am not acting as a representative of the Church or any Church organization.

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Happy Birthday, Erin

Today is also the birthday of our eldest child, Erin. I know I'm not supposed to reveal a woman's age, so I'll just say that today she has finally reached Jack Benny's oft-professed age. (You 'll have to be, at the very least, pushing 60 to figure that one out.) Watching my children age has been a bit traumatic since it only highlights how much older I have become. This aging thing has sort of crept up on me unannounced. Of course, one wonderful side effect is the gift of grandchildren, and Erin and her husband, Airton, have produced four beautiful little people for us to spoil. Thank you, daughter, and happy birthday!

Our four children in 1978: Siobhan, Brendan, Erin & Ethan
(They haven't changed a bit in 32 years)

No comments:

Post a Comment