The occasional, often ill-considered thoughts of a Roman Catholic permanent deacon who is ever grateful to God for his existence. Despite the strangeness we encounter in this life, all the suffering we witness and endure, being is good, so good I am sometimes unable to contain my joy. Deo gratias!


Although I am an ordained deacon of the Catholic Church, the opinions expressed in this blog are my personal opinions. In offering these personal opinions I am not acting as a representative of the Church or any Church organization.

Saturday, April 3, 2010

Defending Pope Pius XII

I keep getting comments from those who have no other agenda but to condemn the only wartime leader who worked tirelessly to save Jews from the Nazis, Pope Pius XII. And I'm getting a bit weary of having to defend this holy man from these phony charges. And so, I have decided to let others do so for me.

One of the more surprising defenders is Gary Krupp, a New York Jew who founded the Pave the Way Foundation with the goal of "removing obstacles between the religions" of the world. He is truly a remarkable man. Krupp grew up hating Pope Pius XII and then decided to investigate on his own to see exactly what this pope did or didn't do during the war.

Here's a link to a brief article about his defense of Pope Pius: Long Beach Man Creates Stir Defending Pope Pius.

And if you have the time, here's a link to an EWTN interview of Gary Krupp that I hope will change some minds: EWTN Interview. You have to listen to this.

If you want access to the many, many Vatican documents, click here: Pius XII Documents.

Krupp has other information on the subject available via his "Pave the Way" website -- scroll down and you'll encounter the links.

No comments:

Post a Comment