The occasional, often ill-considered thoughts of a Roman Catholic permanent deacon who is ever grateful to God for his existence. Despite the strangeness we encounter in this life, all the suffering we witness and endure, being is good, so good I am sometimes unable to contain my joy. Deo gratias!


Although I am an ordained deacon of the Catholic Church, the opinions expressed in this blog are my personal opinions. In offering these personal opinions I am not acting as a representative of the Church or any Church organization.

Monday, April 19, 2010

Louis DeMane (1940-2010), R.I.P.

Sometime this evening our elder daughter, her husband, and four of our grandchildren arrive for a nice, long stay. Diane and I are like kids ourselves waiting for them to get here. We've spent the day getting the homestead ready for them (i.e., childproofing) and look forward to doing all kinds of wondrous things with the little guys. I don't know how much I'll post during their stay, but I'm sure I'll have a few minutes now and then.

Despite all the good things of life -- like grandchildren visiting -- there are sad moments as well. Our neighbor and friend, Lou DeMane, died this morning after a long battle with lung cancer. (The photo at left shows Lou with his wife, Mary.) He was one of those wonderful guys who would do anything for you. I can't count the number of times he came to my rescue and fixed things around our home, things that had far exceeded my limited talents. A good man, a loving husband and father, Lou will be sorely missed by all who knew and loved him. He was able to receive the sacraments before he died and went home to the Father peacefully. Requiescat in pace, Lou.

3 comments:

  1. Denise Huhne FrancellaApril 22, 2010 at 5:31 PM

    Mr. DeMANE was our neighbor in New York. He was my parents close friend as was Mrs. DeMane. They had a lot of laughs and good times. I was so sorry to hear that he had passed away. He too had helped my parents so much fixing things around the house. Mr. & Mrs. Demane were kind wonderful people and we have missed them since they moved.
    Maywood Avenue will never be the same without him!
    Denise Huhne Francella

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mr. DeMane was my friend and neighbor from New York as well. He was always there for myself and my family whenever we were in need. I was sorry to hear that he had passed away. As Denise said Maywood has never been the same since Mary and Lou moved away. My family will really miss him.
    Bernice Giamundo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just found this website and my heart sunk to learn that Lou had passed away. I was Mary and Lou's neighbor also on Maywood Avenue and we shared so many happy times together, not only living next door, but on family vacations as well. Lou was an amazing husband, father and friend and I am so sad to learn that he suffered from lung cancer. May he rest in peace - my thoughts are with Mary, Donna, Laurie and Mike and their families. Love Tina Nardi-Barbadimos

    ReplyDelete