The occasional, often ill-considered thoughts of a Roman Catholic permanent deacon who is ever grateful to God for his existence. Despite the strangeness we encounter in this life, all the suffering we witness and endure, being is good, so good I am sometimes unable to contain my joy. Deo gratias!


Although I am an ordained deacon of the Catholic Church, the opinions expressed in this blog are my personal opinions. In offering these personal opinions I am not acting as a representative of the Church or any Church organization.

Saturday, April 28, 2012

Yesterday the Universe was 6989 years old...maybe




Well, I missed it yesterday. Have to wait another year to celebrate.

Johannes Kepler, the 17th century mathematician and physicist who gave us a bunch of neat equations for figuring out how the planets move, also determined that the universe was created on April 27, 4977 B.C. I'm not real sure how Kepler came up with that particular date, but I suppose it's as good as any other for those who like to celebrate birthdays. It's also a cautionary note for those who think that smart people never make mistakes.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad


No comments:

Post a Comment