The occasional, often ill-considered thoughts of a Roman Catholic permanent deacon who is ever grateful to God for his existence. Despite the strangeness we encounter in this life, all the suffering we witness and endure, being is good, so good I am sometimes unable to contain my joy. Deo gratias!


Although I am an ordained deacon of the Catholic Church, the opinions expressed in this blog are my personal opinions. In offering these personal opinions I am not acting as a representative of the Church or any Church organization.

Sunday, January 26, 2014

A Postscript

In yesterday's post -- More Murdered Christians? Ho-Hum... -- I provided a link to an excellent article by Michael Brendan Dougherty in which he briefly details the role played by the US and the West in the ongoing persecution of Middle Eastern Christians. In his article Dougherty mentions a small Kindle book, The Silence of Our Friends, written by Ed West. I had intended to recommend the book, but simply forgot to do so. If you have a Kindle or use the Kindle app, pay the $.99 to buy this little book from Amazon. Believe me, it won't take you long to read, but will change how you think about the Middle East.

Pray for the persecuted Christians of the world, and pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment