The occasional, often ill-considered thoughts of a Roman Catholic permanent deacon who is ever grateful to God for his existence. Despite the strangeness we encounter in this life, all the suffering we witness and endure, being is good, so good I am sometimes unable to contain my joy. Deo gratias!


Although I am an ordained deacon of the Catholic Church, the opinions expressed in this blog are my personal opinions. In offering these personal opinions I am not acting as a representative of the Church or any Church organization.

Wednesday, May 6, 2020

Videos of Bible Study Reflections

The videos embedded below are the first four of the COVID-19 reflections I prepared and sent out to our parish's Bible Study participants. Written between April 2 and April 23, they were recorded as videos in late April. 

The purpose of these weekly reflections was to help our Bible Study regulars keep Sacred Scripture in mind until we can once again come together to study the God's Word in community.  As I prepared each reflection I tried to show how Scripture can help us as we face the challenges of this viral pandemic. I hope I have been at least partically successful.

I believe the parish intends to post one of these videos each Monday (beginning May 4) on its YouTube site which you can access via www.sumtercatholic.org, the parish's main website. The idea is to make them available to all parishioners. I decided, however, to include all four here since my Bible Study regulars have already received the texts of each reflection. I saw no reason to make them wait for the video versions.

I haven't yet watched the videos (and probably won't). They were recorded, one after another, during a couple of hours on one morning last month. I expect the quality of my presentation probably deteriorated as the recordings progressed. I wasn't feeling particularly well that morning anyway. It was just a few days before I was diagnosed with shingles. I trust you will understand, and forgive any goofs, etc.

Of course, if you decide to watch all four of these videos during a single sitting, you'd have to spend well over an hour doing so. That's something I wouldn't recommend to anyone. To save you from that, I've also included links to the text versions of each, posted earlier on this blog.

I've written and sent out a fifth reflection -- To Be a Disciple -- but am not sure whether it will be recorded. 

Here is the video of reflection #1, written and published as text on April 2: God's Purpose




Here is the video of reflection #2, written and published as text on April 11: The Book of Job.





Here is the video of reflection #3, written and published as text on April 17: The Divine Gift of Trees.



And, finally, here is the video of reflection #4, written and published as text on April 23: Divine Mercy.




No comments:

Post a Comment