The occasional, often ill-considered thoughts of a Roman Catholic permanent deacon who is ever grateful to God for his existence. Despite the strangeness we encounter in this life, all the suffering we witness and endure, being is good, so good I am sometimes unable to contain my joy. Deo gratias!


Although I am an ordained deacon of the Catholic Church, the opinions expressed in this blog are my personal opinions. In offering these personal opinions I am not acting as a representative of the Church or any Church organization.

Monday, September 21, 2020

Bible Study Reflections - Videos

For my Bible Study Regulars

The other day I overdid it and recorded four of the COVID-19 Bible Study reflections I’ve been writing over the past few months. I had gotten a little behind on the video recording and needed to catch up. Fortunately, Todd, our parish maintenance supervisor made himself available to handle all the video and audio details, so he and I spent a couple of hours while I droned on from the ambo before an empty church. Speaking with enthusiasm to absolutely no one is always a bit of a challenge. I prefer a living, breathing congregation. At least then I can tell if they’re awake or asleep, and know when to stop.

Krysten, our parish IT guru, will upload one video on each of the next four Mondays, so if you prefer to watch and listen, rather than read, you can go to the parish YouTube site every Monday and catch the video. If I sound a little less than enthusiastic on some of them, my apologies, but making four of these, one after another, was a bit of a challenge to my sanity.

Here’s the link to the Bible Study Reflection page of the parish YouTube site: Bible Study Videos

No comments:

Post a Comment