The occasional, often ill-considered thoughts of a Roman Catholic permanent deacon who is ever grateful to God for his existence. Despite the strangeness we encounter in this life, all the suffering we witness and endure, being is good, so good I am sometimes unable to contain my joy. Deo gratias!


Although I am an ordained deacon of the Catholic Church, the opinions expressed in this blog are my personal opinions. In offering these personal opinions I am not acting as a representative of the Church or any Church organization.

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

More on Dating the Old Testament

Yesterday I included a link to a Fox News story on an archaeological find in Israel that indicates the Bible may have been written four centuries earlier than many scholars had previously thought. The Fox video also included some interesting commentary by Fr. Jonathan Morris, a regular religion contributor to the network.

The archaeological find  was a relatively small pottery shard on which was an inscription in ancient Hebrew. The shard dates from the 10th century B.C., the time of King David's reign, and the inscription is similar to the kind of prophecies found in the Bible.

Today I found a few additional articles that should interest those of you who, like me, have never placed much credence in the theories of most scriptural scholars.

MSN News

EurekAlert!

University of Haifa

God's peace...

1 comment: