The occasional, often ill-considered thoughts of a Roman Catholic permanent deacon who is ever grateful to God for his existence. Despite the strangeness we encounter in this life, all the suffering we witness and endure, being is good, so good I am sometimes unable to contain my joy. Deo gratias!


Although I am an ordained deacon of the Catholic Church, the opinions expressed in this blog are my personal opinions. In offering these personal opinions I am not acting as a representative of the Church or any Church organization.

Monday, January 11, 2010

Comments: Policy Change

Because of the many rather crude comments I received in response to my posts on the Texas Bowl (Navy 35, Missouri 13), I changed my comment policy so I would have to OK a comment before it was published. It seems, however, that the more rabid sports fans have since departed this blog for venues more suited to their interests; and so, I have decided to open up the comments once again. I will still, however, delete those that are rude, crude, offensive or inappropriate to the purpose of this blog. I have no problem with comments that disagree with me, as long as they are not disagreeable.


By the way, the Navy and Missouri fans were, in general, fine in their comments -- enthusiastic, passionate even, but not rude. It was all those Big-12 Missouri-haters who tended to go overboard. Interestingly, every single comment that related to the Texas Bowl -- the good and the bad -- was sent anonymously. 

Ah, well, I suppose there's no rule that says sports fans have to exhibit sportsmanship. I know this is true because I have been in the stands on many occasions at Yankee Stadium, old Ebbets Field, and Fenway Park.


Blessings...oh, yes, and Beat Army!

No comments:

Post a Comment