The occasional, often ill-considered thoughts of a Roman Catholic permanent deacon who is ever grateful to God for his existence. Despite the strangeness we encounter in this life, all the suffering we witness and endure, being is good, so good I am sometimes unable to contain my joy. Deo gratias!


Although I am an ordained deacon of the Catholic Church, the opinions expressed in this blog are my personal opinions. In offering these personal opinions I am not acting as a representative of the Church or any Church organization.

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Wildwood Soup Kitchen - A New Video

I've written before about my favorite charity, the Wildwood Soup Kitchen, an ecumenical ministry in Wildwood, Florida that feeds the hungry. The soup kitchen is staffed completely by volunteers -- over 150 of us -- who represent nearly 30 area churches. We serve and deliver approximately 250 meals daily, and last year provided almost 70,000 meals to our guests and to shut-ins. This number has been increasing at 10-15% annually, so the need is growing. We're able to carry out this ministry thanks to the grace of God and the generosity of individuals, churches, civic and neighborhood groups, and local businesses.

Our cooks prepare absolutely wonderful meals -- hot meals complete with salad, rolls, vegetables, a main course, and dessert. Dear Diane is the Thursday cook and supervises a terrific team of about a dozen helpers. Although I'm one of these helpers, about all I'm good for is the heavy lifting.

Recently one of the churches that supports us (New Covenant United Methodist Church) made a brief, three-minute video to introduce people to the soup kitchen. I have included it below. I hope you enjoy it. (I make an academy-award winning cameo appearance.)


Should you feel called to make a donation, just send it to:

Treasurer
Wildwood Soup Kitchen
P. O. Box 1762
Wildwood, FL 34785
Thank you and God's Peace...

No comments:

Post a Comment