The occasional, often ill-considered thoughts of a Roman Catholic permanent deacon who is ever grateful to God for his existence. Despite the strangeness we encounter in this life, all the suffering we witness and endure, being is good, so good I am sometimes unable to contain my joy. Deo gratias!


Although I am an ordained deacon of the Catholic Church, the opinions expressed in this blog are my personal opinions. In offering these personal opinions I am not acting as a representative of the Church or any Church organization.

Friday, August 6, 2010

The Catholic Guy Radio Program

If you have Sirius satellite radio and listen to the Catholic Channel (#159), then you've probably heard "The Catholic Guy Show." Lino Rulli is the host of the show and he's really a pretty funny guy who does a good job teaching us that being religious doesn't mean being dour and always serious. He's a three-time Emmy Award winner so he's no amateur at this communications thing.

I suppose I enjoy him because I've always thought that a grumpy Christian is a contradiction in terms. Christianity, after all, should be the manifestation of the Good News of Jesus Christ in the world, and the last time I checked good news made me happy.

You can check out his website at Catholic Guy Show and even download podcasts of his show. Here's a brief video about his recent week-long gig on Vatican Radio.

No comments:

Post a Comment