The occasional, often ill-considered thoughts of a Roman Catholic permanent deacon who is ever grateful to God for his existence. Despite the strangeness we encounter in this life, all the suffering we witness and endure, being is good, so good I am sometimes unable to contain my joy. Deo gratias!


Although I am an ordained deacon of the Catholic Church, the opinions expressed in this blog are my personal opinions. In offering these personal opinions I am not acting as a representative of the Church or any Church organization.

Friday, July 16, 2010

Freedom from Persecution

As long as I'm addressing the persecution of Christians throughout the world, I thought I'd share a short video with you. I came across it last summer at about this time, downloaded it, and then forgot about it. I had intended to post it on this blog, but it ended up tucked away in a remote corner of my hard drive. So, better late than never.

Prepared by the Apostleship of Prayer, the video explains Pope Benedict's monthly mission prayer intention for last August: for persecuted Christians. It's quite good and gives a nice, brief overview of freedom of religion as a human right.


Pray for those who suffer persecution for the Christian faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment