The occasional, often ill-considered thoughts of a Roman Catholic permanent deacon who is ever grateful to God for his existence. Despite the strangeness we encounter in this life, all the suffering we witness and endure, being is good, so good I am sometimes unable to contain my joy. Deo gratias!


Although I am an ordained deacon of the Catholic Church, the opinions expressed in this blog are my personal opinions. In offering these personal opinions I am not acting as a representative of the Church or any Church organization.

Saturday, December 4, 2010

Will the Pope Be the Catylyst for Spain's Conversion?

After writing today's earlier post on secularism is Spain, I came across a video showing the remarkable enthusiasm of the Spanish people who greeted Pope Benedict XVI during his visit in November. As I mentioned in a post early last month, Diane and I were privileged to have seen the Holy Father as he made his way across Barcelona in the Popemobile en route to Sagrada Familia. We saw the pope only for a moment and were nowhere near his destination, so I really can't comment on the size of the crowds at the basilica. As you can see in the video, though, some Spaniards have obviously kept the faith and gave Pope Benedict a truly warm welcome during his visit.


Perhaps our pope will be the catalyst for the re-conversion of Spain. He will be back again in August to celebrate World Youth Day in Madrid and what better people to begin the evangelization of Europe than its young people. Pray for its success.

No comments:

Post a Comment