The occasional, often ill-considered thoughts of a Roman Catholic permanent deacon who is ever grateful to God for his existence. Despite the strangeness we encounter in this life, all the suffering we witness and endure, being is good, so good I am sometimes unable to contain my joy. Deo gratias!


Although I am an ordained deacon of the Catholic Church, the opinions expressed in this blog are my personal opinions. In offering these personal opinions I am not acting as a representative of the Church or any Church organization.

Friday, February 10, 2012

An Open Letter to Congress

Dr. William Fahey, President of Thomas More College of Liberal Arts in Merrimack, New Hampshire, has written a wonderful letter on the health care mandate issued by the Department of Health and Human Services. Addressed to New Hampshire's U.S. Senators and Representative, it clearly and accurately states the Catholic Church's position on the mandate which denies Catholics the religious freedom guaranteed by our Constitution and natural law.

I urge everyone who reads this blog to read Dr. Fahey's letter. Here's the link: Thomas More College.

Okay, a late addition...

I just read Mark Steyn's column on the healthcare mandate and found it to be just about the best thing written on the subject. Here's the link: Obama Goes Henry VIII on the Church. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment