The occasional, often ill-considered thoughts of a Roman Catholic permanent deacon who is ever grateful to God for his existence. Despite the strangeness we encounter in this life, all the suffering we witness and endure, being is good, so good I am sometimes unable to contain my joy. Deo gratias!


Although I am an ordained deacon of the Catholic Church, the opinions expressed in this blog are my personal opinions. In offering these personal opinions I am not acting as a representative of the Church or any Church organization.

Thursday, October 8, 2009

Taking a Short Break

I probably won't be posting anything on the blog for the next three or four days. Diane and I are heading off to beautiful, historic Charleston, South Carolina to spend a long weekend there with some friends. I'll probably take far too many photos, especially since the new lens for my Canon digital camera arrived yesterday, just in time for me to play with it while on our brief trip. I will doubtless feel obligated to share some of these photos with you all when I return.

In the meantime, have a happy Columbus Day, and might I suggest reading that wonderful biography by the late Samuel Eliot Morison, Admiral of the Ocean Sea: A Life of Christopher Columbus. This was the first biography of Columbus I ever read and by far the most enjoyable. Despite all the revisionist historians who have made careers trashing Columbus in recent years, he was a remarkable man and worthy of our interest and praise.

God bless you and pray for peace and life.


No comments:

Post a Comment